[OSM-talk] Virtual highway?

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 18:43:04 GMT 2008

The AND data does have ferry routes and yes, they go a long way sometimes.

Highway=virtual are dummy tags to indicate that you can get from
A-to-B for routing purposes but there's no real feature there. It's
used for example to link railways stations to the road network. They
don't need to be rendered as such but from a programatic aspect
they're very handy.

As for what it might mean in your specific case I don't know. AFAIK
there's no portal there or anything like that...

Have a nice day,