[OSM-talk] Keyboard navigation defunct

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Feb 6 19:04:28 GMT 2008

On 06/02/2008, Karl Eichwalder <ke at gnu.franken.de> wrote:

> > It was turned off because it causes too many problems as it doesn't
> > only capture keypresses aimed at the map. See:
> >
> >   http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/659
>
> It conflicted with "Search for text when I start typing" but otherwise
> it was very useful.  Still hoping we once will have something similar
> as maps.google.com.

It conflicted with any page that had text input fields and a map,
which is just about every page with a map... The front page has the
search box, the diary entry page has the diary entry (and that was a
major problem) and the user settings page has fields for all the user
settings.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)