[OSM-talk] Mapnik rendering problem (was: Cycle route improvements)

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:54:49 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 20:29 +0100, Ben Laenen wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 February 2008, Artem Pavlenko wrote:
> > Are you using template ? You should have replaced all occurrences of
> > %params% with real things
>
> I don't have to do that manually, do I? I just enter the variables in
> set-mapnik-env, call customize-mapnik-map which replaces all %param% in
> osm-template.xml which is saved to osm.xml.

That sounds fine.

> The evidence that it's working is that all symbols like for pubs and
> stations are shown on the map for example.

You are getting other data for Postgres OK so the input plugin is
working. The only time I saw something similar recently was when the
osm.xml had the following:

<Parameter name="estimate_extent">true</Parameter>

This caused it to lose parks other polygon features in some places of
the map. Setting it to false fixed this.

	Jon