[OSM-talk] Lighthouses? Should they be rendering?

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:10:10 GMT 2008

Hi Folks,

Having seen some Irish Sea ferry routes added to the map, I decided to
add a lighthouse visible from some of them (Kish, 53.3108331,
-5.9257003). I tagged as man_made=lighthouse, and JOSM even has an
icon for this. It doesn't seem to be showing up on either rendered
layer, though.

It would be great to get these rendering - in particular, since
there's a spreadsheet made available by the Commissioner of Irish
lights with the lat and long for all lighthouses for Irish coastal
waters and their site doesn't assert any copyright that would prevent
its importation. These can be very useful landmarks on land and sea.

Dermot