[OSM-talk] Lighthouses? Should they be rendering?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Sat Feb 9 19:28:56 GMT 2008

Mike Collinson schrieb:
> At 04:25 PM 9/02/2008, Lauri Hahne wrote:
>
>> On 09/02/2008, Dermot McNally <dermotm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> PS: I'd still love to see those lighthouses we do map appearing on the
>>> rendered output.
>>>

>> Usually that requires pressuring the right guys in irc.
>>

> Or just politely asking, :-) .  More seriously, I'd guess one issue is that this needs a decent copyright-free SVG icon. Anyone who could provide one would be a big help.

For several weeks (months?) now I'm working on the collection of OSM
icons to become Public Domain (my main interest is JOSM, but I also try
to provide a full range of formats as well). There are already lot's of
icons (both SVG and PNG) in the subversion.

Well, before repeating myself again and again I've written down a wiki
page, see: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_Icons

In fact, there are already lot's of SVG format PD icons in SVN, see:
http://www.gpsdrive.de/development/map-icons/overview_lic.en.shtml. For
example, you'll find an SVG icon (PD) of a lighthouse in the subversion
at:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/share/map-icons/svg/misc/landmark/lighthouse.svg

So no excuse for not rendering POI's here, at least not because of a
missing icon ;-)

Regards, ULFL