[OSM-talk] Notebook scans (was: Re: Straw Poll - Disk space used by OSM photos/audio)

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:14:23 GMT 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 8:06 PM, OJ W <ojwlists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> that notebook-scanning project was at:
>
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Notebooks/Users/OJW/KewParty/
>
> in case anyone wanted to use it...
>
> each photo is renamed to say what numbered waypoints it contains, then you
> correlate a bunch of photos with a GPX waypoints file so that a KML viewer
> (or similar) can click on some location on the map and display the notes you
> made about it.

Wow, that is quite cool. I've been pondering something like this for a
while for two reasons:
1. I keep losing the pages in the mess of my house,
2. I can't read some of the notes, so scanning and then (immediate)
transcription will keep them legible.
I was thinking essentially of what you've done there, but with the
addition of a flickr-esque mouseover notes display.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood