[OSM-talk] administrative boundaries that run along roads - in the Mapnik layer

Adrian Frith adrian at frith.co.za
Sun Feb 10 20:38:13 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 19:41 +0000, Steve Chilton wrote:
> Where I have been mapping admin boundaries I put them all in as layer=1 - this brings them above most things in the mapnik rendering.
> See: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.60655&lon=-0.05558&zoom=15&layers=B0FT
>
> Cheers
> STEVE

Why did I not think of that? (slaps head). In fact, I could put them in
as layer=5 which will put them on top of virtually any other conceivable
feature (like, a river underneath a three-layer highway intersection...)
In fact, I have a strange idea that osmarender may in fact put them on a
virtual layer 5, though I could be *completely* hallucinating that...

Cheers,
Adrian