[OSM-talk] Place of worship: wayside crosses

Lukasz Stelmach stlman at poczta.fm
Sun Feb 10 21:14:08 GMT 2008

Christoph Eckert wrote:

>> There was some discussion about this on the list last month, (in a
>> thread that started by talking about the Icon tag), and there is now a
>> proposed tag as wayside_cross (there is also wayside_shrine).
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/wayside_cross

I think

<tag k='wayside' v='true'>

for place_of_worship of *any* religion would fit best. If such a tag
is present then the name should not be required. There could also
be, however I don't think it would be usefull enough to justify yet
another tag, a 'form' tag which says if it is a cross, shrine
(chapel), obelisk or anything else.

BTW, I ve just came back from a countryside where I did some
mapping, compare

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.9763&lon=20.4518&zoom=13&layers=B0FT
and
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.9763&lon=20.4518&zoom=13&layers=0BFT

and there is a lot of these, un-mapped yet but, nothing's lost ;)

--
Było mi bardzo miło.               Czwarta pospolita klęska, [...]
 >Łukasz<                 Już nie katolicka lecz złodziejska.  (c)PP

Wyjatkowe pioro Andrzeja Mleczki!
Licytuj! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1cf8