[OSM-talk] administrative boundaries that run along roads - in the Mapnik layer

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 10:27:57 GMT 2008

Good call Andy. I have moved admin boundaries to its own style in
osm.xml and put it in its own layer that paints last. Works fine. Whilst
about it I have devised hierarchical mapnik styles for all 7
admin_levels that have been used so far (2,3,4,5,6,8,10). This will mean
that boundary=admin will have to be supplemented by an admin_level=foo
tag as well to show correctly. If I can get it to work I will use Else
Filter for the moment for cases where no admin_level is present yet. All
done late last night so not commited to SVN yet, but hope to get it in
next style sheet that is deployed.
Feel free to patch osm2pgsql as you suggested.

Incidentally, would it be possible for someone to patch osm2pgsql so
that instances of =true, =yes and =1 were seen to be the same thing?
That way there would be no need for long strings of AND =true, =yes and
=1 in order to filter for instance on bridges, tunnels etc.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk