[OSM-talk] Straw Poll - Disk space used by OSM photos/audio

Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net
Thu Feb 14 10:04:35 GMT 2008

Hello,

On Feb 13, 2008, at 19:14, Karl Newman wrote:
> Yeah, I've been collecting traces, too, but not yet uploading them
> because I don't really want the cluster of points around my house.
> I found a graphical editor that can edit traces (GPSTrackMaker) but
> I haven't had time to edit them for uploading yet.

I believe gpsbabel supports this kind of operation:

gpsbabel -i gpx -f raw.gpx -x
radius,exclude,distance=1.5M,lat=30.0,lon=-90.0 -o gpx -F filtered.gpx

should remove all points within 1 1/2 miles of the specified lat/lon
pair from raw.gpx, saving the output in filtered.gpx. (I haven't
tested this.)

See also http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/
filter_radius.html .

Would it make sense to add these kind of filters to the GPX upload
facility to encourage more people to upload their traces? I'd also
like some automatic time shift (to say the first of the month, at
0:00)...

Cheers
Robert