[OSM-talk] displayed width of roads

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:50:54 GMT 2008

On 18/02/2008, Jeremy Adams <milenko at king-nerd.com> wrote:
> My "fix" for the situation you linked to was to set motorway_links to layer=-1.  This puts them underneath the main roads and makes the map look much nicer IMO.

By co-incidence, I was in contact with another mapper who's been doing
something like this to make low zoom osmarender rendering a bit
prettier. What's everybody's opinion of this kind of practice? Is it
not an example of compromising the data (which we want to endure) to
work around a temporary deficiency in one particular renderer?

Dermot