[OSM-talk] Contours on the Cycle Map

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:34:11 GMT 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 4:46 PM, Keith Sharp <kms at passback.co.uk> wrote:

> This is great!  Any chance of a write up on how you did this?

It involves a GPS, two bits of string, a barometer and a long weekend
walking in circles around every hillside in the country...

In reality, it's fairly easy, and is based on using SRTM data and
gdal_contour to create the shapefiles, with a few basic scripts to tie
everything together. I'll make a page on the wiki with all the code to
get from NASA to the rendered contours on it the next time I have an
hour free.

Cheers,
Andy