[OSM-talk] Backup / mirror capacity needs

Tue Feb 19 19:39:26 GMT 2008

Martijn van Exel wrote:

Just my personal opinion...
> First thing that springs to mind is mirror capacity for the planet
> dumps (possibly with more retention).

> Questions:
> * Do we need extra mirror capacity for the planet dumps?

We have heanet.ie as a mirror, I guess they are pretty good and I don't
see the need for more mirrors.

> * Do we need more retention?

I have been deleting some of the full planet dumps from 2007 where we
have the diffs so that we can reconstruct them easily (keeping at least
one full dump per month) because they were filling up the planet
partition on the dev server.

> * Any other usage for online storage? Keep in mind it's just dumb
> storage, so no DB / applications and such.

As long as we can use hypercube courtesy to crschmid, I think we are
pretty well off, but as soon as that changes we would need something else.

Sebastian