[OSM-talk] OSM flyer

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Feb 19 23:39:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

> > Yeah, it's not there yet. The often-suggested way ist to load the
> > finished SVG file into Scribus which does CMYK properly.
>
> wasn't scribus an excellent candidate to design the flyer completely
> anyway?

Last time I looked at it it balked on a complex SVG created with
Inkscape; I think it complained about transparencies which I use a
lot. (I once tried to process Osmarender output with it and it didn't
work either.) Also I'm unsure how I would have to treat embedded
bitmaps (do I have to set a colour profile for them in the Gimp before
importing?).

I don't really know where (in an ideal world) Scribus would fit in the
toolchain. Would you write your text with OO and make your bitmaps
with the Gimp and vector graphics with Inkscape and then use Scribus
to put it all together?

Bye
Frederik