[OSM-talk] "Potlatch really hacks me off because..."

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:54:43 GMT 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 11:20 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> I found Steve's excellent tutorial video on Potlatch really
> interesting - not so much because I don't know how to use Potlatch ;)
> , but more from a UI feedback point of view.
>
> For example, Steve was having difficulty remembering when/how you
> should double-click, and when you should single-click, to complete a
> way. Funnily enough Anna (Mrs F) was using Potlatch the other week and
> I noticed her having exactly the same difficulty. But Potlatch has
> been around for some nine months now and I don't ever recall it being
> brought up.
>
> So now's your chance.
>
> What little things like that annoy you, or took you a while to get used to?

It's sodding difficult to delete tags from a node that is at the end of a way.

You click the way to get the nodes to appear, then the node, then it
wants to draw a line. You ignore the stretchy line, and select the
properties and delete the tag, and then you're stuck desperately
trying to deselect the way without pressing escape (which undoes the
deletion) or clicking (which extends the way).

Deleting tags from a node in the middle of a way is much easier, since
you can simply click to deselect since it's not trying to extend the
way.

Cheers,
Andy