[OSM-talk] Never run out of batteries again!

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Thu Feb 21 10:23:21 GMT 2008

Andy Robinson (blackadder) wrote:
> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> Looks interesting:
>>
>> http://www.ikonglobal.com/
>> http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/03/pedal_power.php
>>

> I remember those rim running dynamos on my bike as a kid. I hated them
> because they made a load of noise and you could really feel the resistance.
> It amazes me that nobody has come up with a simpler and more efficient
> solution.
> Cheers

In the Netherlands most new streetbikes are equiped with a wheelhub
dynamo which solves your annoyances: no noise, no noticable resistance.
And another plus: they're always enabled, so instant light in a tunnel
(with a light sensor in your headlight).

Because shimano europe returns 503 errors:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/lighting/shimano.html