[OSM-talk] Continuous audio in JOSM on tracks without waypoints

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Thu Feb 21 20:59:09 GMT 2008

On 21 Feb 2008, at 19:04, David Earl wrote:

> On 21/02/2008 09:26, John McKerrell wrote:
>> Yes, this sounds great. I don't tend to log explicit waypoints so
>> this is going to be much more useful for me. Did you think about
>> having a little arrow or some sort of marker that followed the
>> trace as you played the audio or is there some specific reason
>> that this would not be possible?
> The effect is quite mesmeric. One thing I didn't appreciate until I
> saw it working though is that you no longer need make a loop or
> anything else on your GPS. As long as you have a known point to
> sync to at the start, you can then just dictate "White Swan pub on
> the left NOW", and the orange arrow will point to where you were
> when you said NOW. That is really quite a neat feature - perhaps
> you had realised that consequence - I hadn't.

Funnily enough, the first time I tried audio tracing I just assumed
there was something like this available, so when I came to use my
audio I realised that all my "post box on the left .... NOW, bus stop
on the right... NOW" was fairly useless. Maybe I'll go back and try
that trace again now ;-)

John