[OSM-talk] Raw GPS layer

Mon Feb 25 13:00:22 GMT 2008

Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
>> OpenLayers can render KML files as lines.
>>  (http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/kml-layer.html)
>>
>>  I'd rather have something client-side like this rather than adding yet
>>  another layer to the t at h server (alternatively we could use a different
>>  t at h server for stuff like this).
>
> In my idea, offering a layer for GPS data allows really simple client
> to display such info.

What is difficult about
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/kml-layer.html ? It's just a
webpage with javascript?

If you have enough serverpower you can always offer a webservice that
offers these images as on-the-fly merged flat images.

At least I don't want to have the t at h server getting any slower because
of this.

sebastian