[OSM-talk] Landsat vs OpenAerial Landsat (in JOSM)

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Feb 26 11:00:38 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:28:30AM +0200, Lauri Hahne wrote:
> I couldn't help noticing that that the Landsat images provided by
> OpeanAerial map look muck worse than the Landsat images downloaded
> directly from Nasa. You can see an example at
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/97105578@N00/2293670552/sizes/o/ the
> upper image is from OpenAerial map and the lower one from Nasa.
>
> I wonder if Potlatch also suffers from this.

Depends entirely on where you are. Since colorizing landsat imagery is
a choice of algorithms, those algorithms work better in some areas, and
worse in others.

In my hometown, I prefer the i-Cubed Landsat over the NASA landsat,
though clearly that's not appropriate in the area you were looking at.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta