[OSM-talk] Gpx: non-public traces in JOSM/Potlatch and milliseconds in timestamps with JOSM

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Feb 26 12:04:58 GMT 2008

Hi,

I was editing Finnish user manuals for Potlatch and JOSM and started to think if
I have understood right that raw GPS data from non-public GPS-traces are
downloadable with JOSM, but not with Potlatch. I am sure that JOSM behaves that
way (you are not asked who you are when downloading, just when you upload), but
does anybody know if I am right with Potlatch?

Another question concerns some gpx files which I have converted from my data
collector shapefiles. Converted gpx trackpoints have timestamps with running
millisecond values (for example <time>2008-02-15T12:00:00.012Z</time>)

While Potlatch shows the uploaded track fine with a neat blue line, the "Convert
to data layer" function in JOSM does not order trackpoints correctly by
milliseconds.  Is it supposed to do so or is it just better to make running
seconds instead of milliseconds?

-Jukka Rahkonen-