[OSM-talk] Namefinder turned off for now

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Feb 26 21:45:20 GMT 2008

In message <47C479EF.3040507 at frankieandshadow.com>
          David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid I've had to turn off the name finder service for the time
> being as my provider is complaining about the load it is imposing on my
> shared host.

That's probably partly my fault as I boosted the number of daemons
handling the web site to cope with the slashdotting, and quite a lot
of the new visitors were going straight to the search box which meant
that I wound up moving the bottleneck to the namefinder...

I'll remove it from the search anyway.

> I'll reinstate it as soon as I can, with increased efficiency both for
> searches and index creation. But even so I may need to ask that this
> goes on an OSM server.

If you can give me some idea of what sort of resources it needs
then that would be a help in terms of planning to find a home for
it on our servers.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)