[OSM-talk] High Visibility Vests - Printed OSM

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:06:28 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Andy Robinson (blackadder) <
blackadderajr at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Artem Pavlenko [mailto:artem at mapnik.org] wrote:
> >Sent: 28 February 2008 4:33 PM
> >To: Andy Robinson ((blackadder))
> >Cc: 'OSM Talk'
> >Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] High Visibility Vests - Printed OSM
> >

> >> Also interested in views as to whether the text should be:
> >>
> >> Surveyor
> >> Surveying
> >> Mapping
> >> Cheers
> >
> >I'd like one with 'Cheers' on it, please:P
>
> That might happen ;-)
>
> >Surveyor, Surveying, Mapping sounds too official how about 'Mapping
> >Party' ?
>
> In a way I wanted it to be "official" because that I hope commands better
> respect when you stand in the middle of the road taking photos! "Mapping
> Party" might be seen by some as a stupid stag night stunt and improve you
> chances of getting run over ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

In the US, we sometimes see temporary road signs (orange diamond shape
construction-type) that say "Survey Party" to warn drivers about surveying
personnel and equipment on the roadside. So, "Party" in this context doesn't
always mean you're just out having a good time (although it doesn't preclude
it)...

Karl