[OSM-talk] implementation of relations in josm

Jo ml at winfix.it
Thu Jan 3 07:32:50 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Accidentally forgot to Cc the list.
>
> In addition: use the josm-dev list to discuss changes to JOSM.
>

>> Hi,
>>

>>> I started adding routes as relations in josm. Now I have 8 or 9 of them
>>> for the area I work on, but I don't know which is which since they are
>>> all called 'relation'. Couldn't the name or the ref be used as a tag?
>>>
>> The current code uses the "type" as primary display and puts
>> "relation" if you have not specified a "type". I strongly suggest you
>> specifiy a "type" tag with each relation.
>>
>> Having said that, this wouldn't help you a lot because you would see
>> lots of relations named "route" or whatever you used as "type" value.
>>
>> We should fix that; the problem is that we'd really need code
>> dependent on the type of relation - for some you may want to have the
>> name or the ref, for others this would not make sense.
>>
>> Bye
>> Frederik
I think I did specify the type. I'll go and check, but indeed that
doesn't/wouldn't help a lot. When I'll start getting serious about cycle
routes and walking routes, plus some more bus routes, I'll soon have
more than 50 of them, so it will get unwieldy. Also the other problem
with splitting and merging of roads needs attention. Rather urgently I
would say. Now, when I make a road a part of a route relation and then
split it up, only one part remains part of the route relation. The other
part is not part of the route anymore. (This was before submitting to
the DB)

I cc'd the josm-dev list, but I'm not subscribed to it (yet).

Polyglot