[OSM-talk] implementation of relations in josm

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Thu Jan 3 10:32:34 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 09:29:16AM +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I agree. It is however again one of the problems where different
> relations will need different actions - when a way in a route relation
> is split, both new ways need to be members, but when a way in a turn
> restriction relation is split, only the one at the junction should be
> a member.

Except if the way is a member with role "via" in which case both parts
should be kept in the relation.

> Somehow I always thought that we should have a rather complex
> "presets" style configuration file for JOSM that tells it what to do
> with various kinds of relations but maybe a simple hack would be
> better than nothing for now; in the case of splitting ways perhaps
> just always ask the user what he wants.

Given how difficult specifying these kind of constraints can become,
it might be better to just 'hardcode' it instead of inventing a
specification format that is nearly going to be a complete programming
language in itself?

cu bart