[OSM-talk] redundant proposal? - man_made=fenced_compounds

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Fri Jan 4 08:25:19 GMT 2008

At 01:22 AM 1/4/2008, Robin Paulson wrote:
>in my quest to tidy the proposals page on the wiki, some proposals
>have come up which appear to be redundant
>
>is there an acknowledged way of removing them, without going through
>the whole comments/opinions/voting process?
>
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Fenced_compounds
>
>is a good example
>
>thanks

Ye, it would certainly be good to be more aggressive in cleaning up
up the Proposals page, it is hard to casually browse for "live" proposals.

Currently, the only mechanism is to move proposals into the "Needs
cleanup/modification" and "Works in Progress/Pending" sections at the
bottom - which are roughly equivalent to the place sick proposals go to die.

I propose:

1) Mark redundant proposals with "This proposal appears to be
redundant or duplicated.  Unless there are any objections it will be
removed on or after dd-mm-yyyy" and leave it there until you or
someone else is next doing a clean-up round.

2) More generally, any proposal that has been there for more than a
year (see the pages "history" tab) be removed.  Looking at a few
other proposals, this may be a little too aggressive as the
"riverbank"
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Large_rivers
proposal would go (or perhaps is should?).   An alternative would be
to remove any proposal that has been there a year and had no
substantive activity for 6 months.

Here the dates for your example:

Created - 29 August 2006
Last substantive comment - Dec 2006