[OSM-talk] Osmosis question

Jeremy Adams milenko at king-nerd.com
Sat Jan 5 19:18:23 GMT 2008

It is possible to read in the planet file and process multiple bounding polygons into multiple files with osmosis?

As an example, say I wanted to extract data from the latest planet for the entire united states as well as several states.  Do I have to run osmosis for each file I want to create, or can it do one run through the planet while dumping the appropriate data into each file?

Something like this maybe?

osmosis --read-xml file="planet-latest.osm" Outpipe.0="mypipe" --bounding-polygon file="united_states2pts.txt" Inpipe.0="mypipe" --write-xml file="usa.osm" --bounding-polygon file="new_york2pts.txt" file="newyork.osm" Inpipe.0="mypipe"

and so on for each area I want exported.