[OSM-talk] Freemap - now using standard tiling system with wider range of zoom levels

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sat Jan 5 22:02:38 GMT 2008

Hello everyone,

Freemap (www.free-map.org.uk) is now using the standard "Google" tiling system
making it fully compatible with other OSM renderers. It also now has a wider
range of zoom levels - from 0 right down to 17, and starts with a map of the
whole UK making it easier to locate any part of the country.

I'm using the main OSM Mapnik renderer for zoom levels 0-12 - hope this is OK.
I'd imagine since usage of Freemap is significantly less than that of the
main OSM site it wouldn't be a problem but if it is, please let me know and I
can provide my own rendering for these zoom levels.

Nick