[OSM-talk] "Approved" and "Rejected" proposals in the Wiki (was: redundant proposal)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Jan 6 08:05:40 GMT 2008

Hi,

> What about moving proposals not actively worked upon to a new
> inactive_proposals page (or simply to the rejected features page)?

By the way, who has come up with these rejected/approved features
pages? I don't like that too much - reminds me of the little
"approved" symbols that were once on the Map Features page and which
got removed because we didn't want to create the impression that the
non-approved tags were somehow less worthy than the approved ones. So
what's the story behind that? Are we sure we want this?

Also, the "rejected features" page carries a line saying "... are not
recommended to be used..." - I'm tempted to change this to say
something like "you're free to use these if you want but it it
suggested that you read what people had to say against them when they
were discussed".

Bye
Frederik