[OSM-talk] Adding vmap0 road data to OSM

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 03:25:09 GMT 2008

Will,

There are a lot of islands in the Philippines with no data.  However,
I'm starting to compile public domain topographic maps (1:250000)
which I believe is better than vmap.  I intend to add this as input to
OSM database.  I've been doing the rectification one sheet at a time.
It would be great to have this as a wms like the NPE maps for JOSM.
Can somebody provide me a link on how NPE was developed (I can't find
the documentation in the NPE main site)

In short I am interested (seeding can really spark interest to casual
browsers to contribute), but not for now.

cheers,

maning