[OSM-talk] The OSM licence: where we are, where we're going

Mon Jan 7 18:27:39 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I've posted an update on the OpenStreetMap Foundation's current
activity on the licence issue to the Opengeodata blog:

http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=262

It summarises recent developments in open data licensing, our take on
these, and possible future developments. We hope to have more such
progress to relate in the months to come.

Just to repeat the penultimate paragraph:

"OSM isn’t just 'open' in name - we believe in openly discussing the
matters affecting the future direction of the project. If you have
concerns or, conversely, would like to express your support, then
please do discuss it on the mailing lists or forum; or, as at any
time, contact any of the Foundation board (Corey Burger, Etienne
Cherdlu, Steve Coast, Michael Collinson, Richard Fairhurst, Mikel
Maron, Andy Robinson), or e-mail us collectively at
team at osmfoundation.org."

cheers
Richard