[OSM-talk] Osmosis and large bounding polygons

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jan 8 01:26:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Is this expected performance, or do I have something wrong somewhere?

If you had the "complete ways" option switched on then I would expect
bad performance, or if you had a .bz2 file as your output, but with
the command line that you quoted it can really only be an overly
complex polygon. Depending on what you need, maybe you can really do
bounding boxes instead of polygons? It shold be possible to construct
a command line that first uses "tee" to multiplex the input stream,
then uses several "bb" tasks to cut out a rectangle, and then merges
them all back into one output but I admit I haven't tried ;-)

Bye
Frederik