[OSM-talk] A0 or A1 OSM map poster and other conference stuff

Thu Jan 10 07:55:30 GMT 2008

Hi guys,

I will be manning an OSM stand at the next OpenExpo(.ch) in Bern,
Switzerland in March. I need a poster for that. Unfortunately, I have
forgotten how people have been creating these so far. There was a
postscript renderer somewhere in CVS right? Or have people been using
Mapnik directly? I have no mapnik installed so that would pose some more
hassle.

I will be needing both a low-zoom variant (Switzerland + Surroundings)
as well as some high-zoom, show-off thingie (downtown Zurich or so).

I will also be looking into SVN whether I can reuse some of the OSM
lecture slides. Any recommendations?

What else should I showcase there? OpenLayer with OSM. JOSM. N800 with
Maemo-mapper. Some routing software perhaps? What can run on a Mac
easily? I never got OJW's pyroute to run on my Mac yet, but that would
certainly be cool.

spaetz