[OSM-talk] administrative boundaries and is_in

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 12:15:26 GMT 2008

Abigail Brady wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 11:29 AM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk
> <mailto:lester at lsces.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     You are almost right for the bigger administrative areas, but parish
>     and ward
>     boundaries are regularly on the move. I'm just working out how to
>     handle a
>     couple of changes in other work I'm doing :(
>

> Ah, but wards are electoral. :)

Yes but they can move between administrative areas :)
The English county boundaries list has changes for every year from 1991 to
2000, but since then things have stabilised at that level. Ward and parish
boundary changes tend to go together and are still changing so local
administrative areas are still variable.

It would be nice to be able to select a ward and see it's boundary, and
perhaps if we can get access to the nlpg data that can be automatic. But until
they open access to it ....

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL