[OSM-talk] OSM needs a measure for completeness

Tom Evans tom_evans_a at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 19:43:54 GMT 2008

graham wrote:
> Surely completeness is relative to purpose?

Sort of - I think you need definitions in terms of content rather than purpose,
just for clarity.  But they could obviously be aimed at a purpose.

When I said 'multiple' definitions I definitely had in mind separately defined
levels like Chris said below.  There might be a rough ordering, but nothing like
a 1-5 scale.  If, in the future, somebody wants to add field boundaries, and
somebody else thinks marking all the shops is more important, we don't want
to argue over which goes in level 6!