[OSM-talk] Move tagging RfCs/voting to extra list?

Sun Jan 13 20:28:35 GMT 2008

Robin Paulson wrote:

> sorry, that's probably partly my fault - the volume of messages from
> me concerning proposals has been high recently. i've thought about
> this previously, creating a new list - problem is IMO, there is little
> enough interest in proposals already (it always seems to be the same
> 15 or 20 people commenting on them), and i think marginalising it to
> another list will take it out of the eyeline of the occasional
> voter/discusser, who might only join in for 1 in 10 proposals

It's good that you're taking the interest in it :) but yes, I agree
with Frederik.

As a parallel, development is good and necessary too, and we'd like
more people to get coding, but we have a separate mailing list for
that rather than requiring everyone to read the dev stuff.

Personally I take little active role in tagging discussions, on the
basis that I trust the rest of the community to get it right and I've
more than enough to be getting along with. I suspect the same is true
of many others.

cheers
Richard