[OSM-talk] Tracing coastline by hand unnecessarily

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Jan 15 15:22:44 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Allan" <gravitystorm at gmail.com>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog at gmail.com>
Cc: "Talk Openstreetmap" <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Tracing coastline by hand unnecessarily

> Out of interest, how many automated imports are running at the moment,
> and where? I've been watching your checker and hoping that the Eastern
> Seaboard of the US would appear, so that we can use the improved
> shapefiles asap, but it doesn't look like anyone is running
> almein_coastlines or similar for that area. Are they running anywhere
> else? Is someone willing to do so?

I'm uploading India at present (have done west coast of India, Pakistan),
and am in process of uploading and checking East Coast of India.

I've noticed that Australia has been completed in the last day or so.

You might want to look at :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Almien_coastlines_%28PGS%29

Sometimes people keep that updated as they go, sometimes not.

David

> Cheers,
> Andy
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 2:30 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> To my surprise this morning I opened up the coastline checker and saw
>> that south east asia had been done. Yay! I thought, until I noticed
>> the resolution was complete crap.

It made my recent upload of Eastern India look terrible (loads of errors),
but I've now deleted the low res tracing for the affected area.

David