[OSM-talk] Deleted Place names in the Philippines

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jan 16 08:32:59 GMT 2008

In message <704948.33103.qm at web27201.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>
        Ian Haylock <haylocki at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Still no reply from this message ?

I can see two replies from people suggesting different ways of
dealing with the problem.

> Surely someone with osm database access can just roll back the edits
> in the time frame jan 14th 2008 9pm-12am (3 hours)

Not easily, no. We don't have any tools to do such things.

> I also have an osm file of the philippines that I saved before the
> error. If someone can tell me how to use that to fix the mistake I
> will do so myself.

In that case you want to look at Martijn's advice - he was basing it
on using a planet dump, but if you have an osm file then you should
be able to use that instead.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)