[OSM-talk] OSM Philippines to collaborate with waypoints.ph

Maning Sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:30:50 GMT 2008

Hi,

For the past year, I have been bugging/encouraging local gps users to
contribute here.  One enthusiastic gps group are the waypointsdotph
[www.waypoints.ph].  They have a database of gps traces for all over the
Philippines.

Just this morning, I saw one of the maintainers joining OSM and started
contributing right-away.  I dropped him a message via the mail facility
in the  OSM page and he's keen on contributing more.

One thing he asked is if we are willing to allow waypoints.ph to use our
traces and they will then upload theirs to OSM.  This would be mutually
beneficial to both groups.

What do others think!  Should we proceed then?

maning

PS.  I specifically clarified the person that we will only accept raw
gps traces.  I believe one can easily create waypoints and gpx file from
googlemap and kmls.