[OSM-talk] election 1 Voting system prototype

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Thu Jan 17 19:06:56 GMT 2008

Sebastian Spaeth schrieb:
> OK, I just coded up a little prototype. Consider this a small test of
> the system. I propose to set up an osmvoting mailing list to which vote
> proposals are sent. Subscribers will have to just insert one of the
> following:
> +1
> -1
> 0

Hi!

Unfortunately, this mail voting currently misses a very important feature.

Currently it's not unusual to comment what you don't like if you vote
against a proposal, e.g.: "I like the proposal but the tagname itself
doesn't make any sense". To my experience this is the best way to
further improve a proposal - as the proposer get's a good idea where to
improve the proposal.

Simply getting: "12 times +1, 2 times 0 and 5 times -1" won't really
help a lot in improving a proposal then ...

Of course, people could then go to the proposal page and leave a comment
why they voted against, but I fear few won't actually do it.

Any ideas how we can deal with this?

Regards, ULFL