[OSM-talk] Render icons for parking areas

Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net
Sun Jan 20 08:29:26 GMT 2008

Hello,

On Jan 19, 2008, at 23:46, Lukasz Stelmach wrote:
> Robert Vollmert wrote:
>> Why not place nodes automatically, unless the area is member of
>> the  "labelled_area"-relation (with two members: the area and the
>> position  of the icon/label), as was suggested before?
>
> Sounds great to me. I havn't known there is such a relation so I
> just reinvented the wheel.

I don't think there is. And in fact, I can't find the mail in the
parking-area thread that proposes this variant, but I'm positive
there was some such suggestion. Anyway, I've whipped up a rough
proposal at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Relations/
Proposed/Label. Please modify as appropriate!

Cheers
Rob