[OSM-talk] walking routes?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Jan 21 14:34:44 GMT 2008

>I mentally divide things into "objective" and "subjective", and stick
>to the objective stuff for now. So if the walking routes are
>signposted, that would be fine for me, but if they were just a route
>that I knew, then I'd leave it off.

Maybe we should make up our own walks, in places where it's obvious
someone's mapped a one directional walk, and call them things like "The
OSM Way".

For example, if you look north of Bournemouth, someone's obviously done a
one-directional walk northwest of Ringwood up towards Shaftesbury which
rather nicely illustrates a potentially interesting walk, linking the New
Forest and the Wiltshire downs, which wouln't be obvious looking at an OS
map.

I myself have mapped out a route from Petersfield to Winchester which is
obvious in OSM in its mid section (less obvious either end), and visits
two interesting pubs on the way - maybe this could be the "OSM Hampshire
Way" :-)

Nick