[OSM-talk] Mapping canals

Simon Hewison simon at zymurgy.org
Tue Jan 22 17:02:31 GMT 2008

Dave Stubbs wrote:
> And what is the exact SI equivalent of 30mph?

According to the current UK Highway Code, 30mph = 48km/h.

> I can give you an approximation: 48.28032km/h.
> What happens though if everyone sticks in 48 instead.. close enough
> isn't it?

If the UK Department for Transport ever finally get around to finishing the
metrication project that has been going on since 1862. then 30mph will
probably become 50km/h, 60 would become 100km/h, 70mph would become either
110km/h or 120km/h (it's already been lowered, and has become 100km/h for
buses, which now need speed limiters set to 100km/h).

--
Simon Hewison