[OSM-talk] OSM gets mentioned in KDE4 keynote speech at Google Headquarters

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Tue Jan 22 19:50:39 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 11:26:53 Artem Pavlenko
<artem.mapnik at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> > On Monday 21 January 2008 15:20:41 Andy Allan
> >
> > <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is this just on development versions? I'm running Marble 0.4.0 here,
> >> but can't figure out if it can do what you say.
> >>
> >> Andy
> >
> > I'm on version 0.5 and I get the data by going to "File -> Download
> > New
> > Data..." and installing the Mapnik tiles. They can then be used by
> > chosing "OSM Mapnik" in the "Map View" sidebar.
>
> Hmm... I compiled 0.6 from source and there's no 'Download New Data..'

The version currently in SVN is 0.5 (i.e. there is no 0.6) and talking to
someone who compiled it from a checkout thismorning, the menu item should be
there. Are you getting the code from SVN or from source packages from
somewhere?

When compiling Marble, you can choose to either compile the plain Qt4 version
or the version that uses the KDE4 libraries. Apparently, the Qt version
doesn't have the 'Download New Data..' link so if you want that, you'll need
to build the KDE version. To do that, you should follow the "Build Marble as
a KDE application" instructions from http://edu.kde.org/marble/obtain.php
(and of course, you'll need the KDE4 libraries)

Matt