[OSM-talk] Mapping canals

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed Jan 23 10:44:24 GMT 2008

On 22/01/2008 22:53, 80n wrote:
> I don't think *renderers* really need to know much about speed limits.
> If a road is tagged with 73000furlongsperfortnight then a renderer might
> show that on a map, but it's probably not going to try to convert it to
> any other units - why would it need to?

I had in mind (and it'll probably stay in mind!) a renderer which showed
you a ground level view of the street you were "moving" along with
upcoming turnings and so on, like a satnav display, which showed
signposts - no right turn, this way to Amarillo - and a 30 sign as you
entered a 30 area (not a 52.12345 sign).

David