[OSM-talk] Mapping canals

Tom Evans tom_evans_a at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 16:44:10 GMT 2008

Andy Robinson (blackadder) wrote:
> >(Actually, on checking with a calculator, 7*12*2.54=213.36. So I'm
> >doing a bit of unconscious rounding already.)
>
> Indeed, the exact conversion is to multiply/divide by 0.3058

Er, you mean 0.3048, right?
(one inch is _defined as_ 25.4mm, and has been for many decades)

I vote for what Stephen Gower (etc) said, keep the user-edited tags "dirty".  Friendly active mappers are the limiting resource.

The thousand separator sounds daft to me, but if we're calling the user-edit field "dirty" and putting it in there, it's not actually a problem, even if it is daft.

Tom