[OSM-talk] Copyright and old maps

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Jan 28 08:02:19 GMT 2008

An excellent find!

Yes, they are perfect for OSM use.
I double checked a few of the maps and see the are prepared and
published by, and only by, the Army Map Service, Corps of Engineers.
U.S. Army.  I have friends who regularly use US military film footage
so can confirm there is good precedent.  The US government has this
peculiar notion :-) that was paid for by the public, belongs to the
public. Would that other governments would follow.

Mike
Stockholm