[OSM-talk] [OSM-talk-nl] Recent Edits

Martijn van Exel mvexel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:57:37 GMT 2008

Well, I think the tickets display and ticket registering is important
to take participation a step further. You don't want just anyone going
about making modifications in JOSM or even Potlatch, you need at least
some idea of the data model and metadata for that. Basically,
contributing to the map is now limited to people willing to learn to
use JOSM or Potlatch.

I think it would be a good idea to discuss this flagging possibility
for 'the rest of us'. This would open up collaboration possibilities
for location based platforms. For example Bliin[1], a location based
social network. They already use OSM data for their mobile client. I
met with them last week and they are very enthusiastic about OSM and
really want to 'return the favor'. Just have their users upload traces
to OSM wouldn't be of much use in itself. But if they would implement
a 'OSM flagging' functionality in their client, their users would be
able to contribute to OSM. They could flag for example a limited
number of categories: street layout change, new street, new POI
(again, limited number of categories), maybe a few more.

This is just one example of possible contributions by OSM data users
who are now only passive. I think this is something to consider and
discuss.

[1] http://www.bliin.com/
--
martijn van exel -+- mvexel at gmail.com -+- http://www.schaaltreinen.nl/

Op 28 jan 2008, om 10:33 heeft Tom Hughes het volgende geschreven: