[OSM-talk] Low zoom render requests for the Sudan

Neil Penman ianaf4you at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 13:07:11 GMT 2008

I've been loading routes provided by the United
Nations for the Southern
Sudan and the UN has invited us to demonstrate these
OSM maps at a UN
conference in early February.  Ideally the maps should
be available on
line, although we probably will also show off line
images.

Unfortunately the Mapnik data is only half there (this
week) and doesn't
render at all at zoom level 6 and below. These are all
long highways,
there is not much detail that is worth zooming in for
at the moment.
I've installed tiles at home and am waiting for a
password to upload
generated images, however I'm not sure if I can
generate tiles for zoom
level 6 at the moment. It looks like I can only
generate down to zoom
level 8 using ./tilesGen.pl xy 151 118 8   (etc).

Can I do the same at zoom level 6?

Regards

Neil Penman