[OSM-talk] Forest appearing and disapearing at different zoom levels in mapnik

David James david at djames.org.uk
Wed Jan 30 17:32:43 GMT 2008

On Wed, January 30, 2008 3:33 pm, Andy Street wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 14:49 +0000, David James wrote:
>
>> I'm puzzled - I thought postings here indicated that all tiles had been
>>  rebuilt, so why do I see differences at different zoom levels? What am
>> still not understanding?
>
> Just taken a look and it was showing at all zoom levels. Have you tried
> clearing your browsers cache?

Yes, you're right, caching was the problem - which is probably why it
looked right yesterday and didn't today - I was using different computers
on the two occasions.

It took me a little thought to figure out how to force the caches to
reload, having panned and zoomed on the map to get to the area of
interest. Ctrl-F5 in Internet Explorer just got me back to the area and
zoom level I had started at. Clicking on the permalink and then hitting
Ctrl-F5 does the trick ...

--
David James