[OSM-talk] Error while uploading with JOSM

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Jan 30 20:19:25 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 09:00 -0800, Cristiano Giovando wrote:
> I confirm what Rob said, it actually resumed from where it left. But
> it's also true it took many tries before I was able to upload the
> entire dataset. I suspect this problem is more likely with large
> datasets, and it may just be something could be tweaked in JOSM to
> extend the connection timeout limit.

Attached is a patch to JOSM to do server retries as well as do some
crude prediction of how long an upload might take.  I've been using it
for months and it works quite well for me.

I _think_ gabriel just applied it to JOSM's svn.  So you might want to
try the latest JOSM and see if it is there.

-- Dave